Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gadget Alert: Beaba Babycook


My husband bought this for me for Christmas and at first I thought that we were a little past the appliance's must useful time period (when Junior was eating nothing but purees). But now that I've used it for a week, I love it.

We don't have space for a microwave so this thing really comes in handy. You can cook foods in it as well as reheat stuff. You don't have to puree but that still comes in handy, especially for leafy greens like kale and chard.

Very neat.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/e203/index.cfm

1 comment:

mommybrain said...

There is a lot of controversy on the interweb about this product, mainly over the old description of what kind of plastic is used for the cooking basket and if it leaches BPA. For the most in depth commentary, including responses from Williams Sonoma and Beaba, check out http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/news/?p=120

In the end, it seems that the company switched plastics and that rigorous testing shows no leaching. I'm all for limiting exposure to harmful crap, but considering that I live in Greenpoint and that every trip outside is like taking a toxin bath, I feel I can trust that this product is safe.