Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Winter's coming... How are we going to fill up all these cold days?

Summer with baby is so awesome. Throw them in a shirt and shorts and out the door you go, to the park, to walk around, whatever. But then winter comes, and you realize that you're going to have to get a lot more creative with how you fill those days. I know there are a lot of classes out there, but so far I haven't signed junior up for any this fall because a) they are expensive and b) I'm not sure he even knows where he is sometimes!

For example, we did the "swimming" class at the Y over the summer. Junior was still at home laying on his activity mat for all he knew. I also tried mommy and baby yoga ($20 at Go Yoga) and ended up nursing a fussy baby for an hour. I can nurse at home for free.

But now that he's getting older (10 months on that blessed election day!), I'm ready to concede that we should start ponying up for some much-needed activities. We're trying mommy and baby yoga again (from now on referred to by the new it acronym MABY) and I'll try music classes again around the new year.

I'll post classes here as I hear about them. Please email me with suggestions! Also be sure the check the calendar.

thanks!

No comments: